Saturday, October 10, 2009

Oct.6, 2009

Well I've completely redone my blog into 3 blogs now. Much more reading and effort, same dreary crap. Anyhow. I will now try and update this blog a little as I've really let it get out of date. Most my posts over the last few weeks were either reviews or nature observations, which means they got moved, and there is nothing in this, my "main" blog. Ok, maybe that IS good news, but just the same...


So, what has happened? Well, my brakes went completely out. I was on the way to have them worked on, by the husband of one of my friends from work (both of whom are really good people). Unfortunately, on the way there (about a 3-4 mile drive), the brakes went from almost not working to DEFINATELY not working. I almost ran into the guy ahead of me at the red light. I was able to coast, ram the shifter into” Park" (which slowed the SUV but didn't stop it), and repeat. I stopped about 4 inches from his bumper. Anyway, the guy who was going to help me had a tow bar, and we were able to tow the Blazer to his workshop. Of course, the tow bar almost completely ripped the bumper off, and broke all the front light bulbs, but whatareyougonndo? Anyway, long story short, thanks to his expert help (help? hell, he did it and I watched. I would have been clueless without him).

No comments:

Post a Comment